Evening Meal: Tuesday 15th & Main event: Wednesday 16th October 2019
School of Engineering, The University of Edinburgh
1. Dr Wasiu O. Popoola (Event Champion – The University of Edinburgh), 2. Dr Dave Laurenson (The University of Edinburgh), 3. Dr Sinan Sinanovic (Glasgow Caledonian University), 4. Prof Tim O’Farrell (The University of Sheffield) & CommNet2
The Edinburgh Postgraduate Conference (PGCon) is a free training and networking event for postgraduate students working in EEE or CS.
The event will provide an opportunity for postgraduate students to practice and perfect their oral/presentation skills, network and communicate their work to fellow researchers within their discipline. The conference will kick-off with an evening meal on Tuesday 15th October. On Day 2 there will be a series of workshops, presentations and competitions (with prizes!).
The highlights of PGCon:
- Free training events, including a workshop on how to maximise the impact when presenting your research
- Career talk
- Technical talks by eminent academics
- Safe and supportive environment to present your research
- Get instant and valuable feedback on your presentation/research
- Networking events/opportunities
- Free conference dinner
- IEEE ComSoc Prizes for best presentations/posters
- Limited travel grants
- Free accommodation (maximum of one night only)
This is a fantastic, not-to-be missed training event!
Spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Information on eligibility and how to apply can be found below.
Event Programme How to apply Event Team Venue
Tuesday 15th October
Wednesday 16th October
Apply to attend
Eligibility: To attend PGCon then you must be a current PhD Student in a UK University working on Communication Engineering related research including but not limited to: Radio (wired/wireless) Communication, Optical (wired/wireless Communication, Computer Communication and Networking, Data Science, Photonic Network, Machine Learning for Communication, Signal Processing for Communication etc.
Please complete the application form by clicking the below link. We will then contact you to confirm your place at PGCon.